The Role: Senior Product Manager – Fulfilment Optimisation
Salary: Upto £70,000
Start date: ASAP
The Fulfilment Optimisation Senior Product Manager is pivotal in implementing and optimising the various fulfilment networks that support our client’s home delivery and collection propositions. You’ll be responsible for the capacity management, route scheduling and order fulfilment of the network. You will lead on the design & implementation of creating flexible options for our customers including delivery ‘slot’ choice, delivery pricing and collection windows for in-store collections. To do this you will need to influence enhancements to third-party applications and own the continued development of the surrounding in-house built microservices. Optimising the final mile delivery is critical to our cost-to-serve as we look to significantly transform our fulfilment and supply chain networks over the coming years.
Maintaining and building on top of the existing network as part of our evolving transformation is key, in addition to evaluating colleague and customer problem statements consistently adding value to the overall experience. You’ll tackle big strategic questions to build out a robust roadmap and backlog which of course means prioritising effectively and escalating challenges as necessary.
The nature of fulfilment means we never work alone so we work cross-functionally with several other teams to deliver outcomes. You’ll work with a broad range of stakeholders (including other product managers, engineering teams, Central Operations, Supply Chain strategy, analytical and our Customer Contact Centre team), interact frequently with Senior leaders and manage third parties.
What we’re looking for:
- You nail day-to-day product processes (agile ceremonies, user stories, prioritisation) and are as comfortable in the detail as with the bigger picture. In parallel, you’ll support the communication and resolution of live product incidents and effectively prioritise, coordinate and communicate the resolution of these issues.
- Success is about balancing the customer, the tech and the commercials. We need someone who can juggle the lot, articulate a compelling vision and unite a cross-functional agile team.
- You’re courageous and can work with a mix of agile and more traditional waterfall delivery methodologies, support the team and stakeholders to test and learn, fail fast and deliver outcomes iteratively wherever possible.
- You’re technically curious, having worked with engineers, architects, and third parties, building real software.
- You are independent in using your judgement to make sometimes difficult and complex decisions at pace, including comfortable dealing with ambiguous situations and helping drive toward clarity.
- A successful influencer, flexing your style to drive our strategy forward while always remaining true to you. You are great at creating and nurturing authentic relationships.
- You’re up for a high level of team contribution, seek opportunities to provide input and support across the team and outside core areas of focus, and role model effective collaboration.
- If you have experience in fulfilment and/or Supply Chain then that’s a big plus. We’d love to hear from you.