The Role: Business Development Manager
Start date: ASAP
Our client is a “best of both worlds” kind of company. They are big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. They are curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
And best of all, They believe in helping people grow within the sales organization. They have a dedicated training staff and programs to take anyone to the next level.
As a Business Development Manager, you’ll focus on local business for our client’s platform. Starting day 1, you’ll receive hands-on professional sales training and learn the core skills needed to be successful long term. You’ll learn about customer relationship building, the company’s sales process, sales strategy, sales psychology, and more through our training program. You’ll use the skills developed in this training to make connections, grow partnerships, and scale our businesses on our site – both big and small.
- You will seek out new business opportunities, targeting local, through cold calling to engage, consult, and close local deals
- Develop familiarity with each merchant’s business, including but not limited to: products and/or services, consumer demographics, consumer ratings, points of competitive differentiation, merchant economic model, and revenue/profit drivers
- Utilize knowledge of deal structure and strategy to reach merchants’ desired outcomes and maximize profit
- Take ownership of the contract negotiation process, dealing with margins, discounts, and other critical elements
- Consistently achieve and/or exceed your sales targets
- Work with Merchant Development teams post-close to ensure a flawless transition of accounts and align on merchant strategy
- Drive market growth for both quality of merchants and revenue
- Success in a sales role within a territory or for a product
- Inside sales experience over the phone/email and social selling.
- Proven depth of knowledge and experience in transactional selling
- High level of understanding and entry-level experience in relationship management with small-sized accounts & strong sales orientation
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in meeting sales quotas, negotiation, and problem-solving.
- Ability to demonstrate strong sales performance using sales instinct and judgement
- High degrees of diligence and accountability, with evidence of personal results
- Strong ability to follow direction and guidance
- You’re resilient and possess the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- You can confidently demonstrate ownership of your performance, always looking for ways to be more coachable and improve
- Adaptable and can think on your feet; when faced with new challenges or tough conversations, you face them head-on
- Accountable and balance multiple priorities flawlessly
- Committed to a high standard of integrity and work ethic
- You’re an excellent listener and can also be assertive, persistent, and persuasive