The Role: Python SDET
Salary: £45,000 – £60,000 + benefits
Location: London, UK
Start date: ASAP
**Our client is able to pay and sponsor your Skilled Worker Visa to let you freely live and work in the UK – unfortunately, there is no relocation package so candidates are responsible for bringing themselves to the UK and arranging accommodation.**
As an Engineer (SDET), you’ll be working on products that constitute the backbone of the next-generation company Tech commercial platform. You’ll be pivotal in supporting the QA activities and driving test automation and quality standards for applications and systems used by both company colleagues and customers.
We’d also like you to be yourself – analytical, curious and unafraid to learn new skills or challenge the status quo. You’ll constantly strive to improve the way things are done in your team, contributing as a progressive member of the engineering community.
Typical technologies in the stack: Python, Behave, Flask, Docker, AWS.
Our client is using Github for source version control, Jira for project tracking, and Confluence for documentation.
More about the role:
- Designing automation test frameworks
- Recommending and using different test strategies, e.g., unit tests, component tests, integration tests, end-to-end, etc.
- Creating test plans, test cases, test documentation, and test reports
- Writing detailed test cases for multiple services
- Support and review unit testing activities
- Coaching software engineers to write better tests
- Collaborate on troubleshooting code issues and add tests to prevent similar problems in the future
- Raise the testing standards of the services
- Work with other SDET to build testing frameworks and practices for the engineering family
- Keep up to date with the latest tools, practices, and trends, and look for opportunities to introduce them to the team
What you will need to succeed:
- Strong Python knowledge
- Hands-on experience with manual and automated testing
- Experience with Supporting Automation Tools/Frameworks like Behave, Lettuce
- Experience with AWS, APIs, and Container-based applications
- Knowledge of Database concepts and query languages like SQL
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with performance, scalability, and security testing
- Experience in coaching and growing software quality mindset with engineering teams
More about you:
- Think that software testing is not just checking for correctness, but it’s more a process for identifying potential flaws and weaknesses
- Think that testing is more exploration, discovery, and investigation journey and somewhat less a confirmation validation and verification process
- Believe that passing tests (or writing tests that pass) doesn’t ensure software correctness, but additional techniques and processes required to achieve correctness