The Role: Senior Product Manager – Applied Data Analytics
Salary: Upto £70,000
Start date: ASAP
Our client is not exaggerating when they say they have the most exciting data set in the country. As the Chief Data and Analytics Officer, you will stretch the imagination of what the power of data and analytics can bring to how we do things. We have been on the journey of building a cloud-based corporate data platform for a few years and are recognised for the value in data-driven business decisions that this is enabling.
We’re looking for many types of Product Managers with one trait in common – proven history of delivering results. Ideally with experience in some data & analytics – data Warehousing and BI solutions, Machine Learning and Data Science.
As a team, the product managers cover a wide range of the company’s divisions, from digital to in-store retail, supply chain, commercial, marketing and finance. You will need to have a keen interest in retail and working within these business domains.
- Take ownership of a business area. You will be asked to build the roadmap and groom the backlog to define the “what” and the “why”.
- Drive work with an analytical squad who will be responsible for the “how” and the “when”. You will be collaborating to deliver, ensuring blockers for delivery are addressed and business stakeholders fully communicated with.
- Our Product Managers will typically work with an analytical squad to deliver a goal, then pick up other goals as the work progresses and priorities shift.
- We are a large organisation and you’ll need to build relationships with business stakeholders, data products, data governance and analytical professionals to deliver the roadmap.
- We have defined a methodology for delivering analytical data products which we use to drive product discovery and delivery to ensure we are building the right things in the right way.
- As Senior Product Manager you will be asked to adopt and improve upon our product methodology.
- Day to the day you will be comfortable facilitating workshops, running agile ceremonies, and communicating roadmaps and backlogs.
- Have love and interest for data. We are not asking you to be an expert on building data model algorithms or insights, however, you need to be curious enough to know what data we have and what analytical techniques could be used to solve business problems.
- Be commercially curious. We want you to be able to understand a business area and its strategic outcomes, the business processes and metrics that drive performance and be able to translate how analytics can helps solve business problems.
- Experience in delivering analytics to successful completion, resulting in business impact. This could be as someone historically from an analytical technical background or as someone who has already worked as a Product Manager working with Analysts, Data Scientists or Data Engineers.
- Experience working and collaborating with a cross-functional squad of technical experts such as Analysts, Data Scientists and Engineers.
- Be a translator, able to define requirements & engage with technical teams and relate to non-technical business stakeholders.
- Be able to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority to manage.
- Be a smart problem solver, who does not hesitate to get hands-on to unblock your teams and deliver quality solutions quickly.
- Excellent planning, organisational and communication skills.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and scoping work with keen attention to detail.