The Role: Python Engineer
Salary: Upto £55,000
Start date: ASAP
**Our client is happy to pay to sponsor your Skilled Worker Visa to let you live and work in the UK freely – unfortunately there is no relocation package so candidates are responsible for bringing themselves to UK and arranging accommodation.**
As an Engineer (Python), you’ll join one of our client’s engineering teams, creating great products by interpreting and following best practice architectural and engineering principles, operating frameworks, and new and improved tech applications and solutions. Using Python, and Apache Kafka, you’ll contribute to the design and development of large-scale, high-performance services, microservices and event-driven architecture.
You’ll be passionate about one or more of the programming languages in our ecosystem, such as Python, ReactJS and Java, and with your technical craft, curiosity and experimentation, you’ll use judgement to apply specific techniques to deliver focused outcomes that support our customers.
We’d also like you to be yourself – analytical, curious and unafraid to learn new skills or challenge the status quo. You’ll constantly strive to improve the way things are done in your team, contributing as a progressive member of the engineering community.
More about the role
- Using Python, Apache Kafka, and tools and frameworks like Django and Flask, you’ll contribute to the design and development of large-scale, high-performance services, microservices and event-driven architecture. This includes websites, apps, microservices and event-driven architecture
- You’ll write well-structured, beautiful, clean code
- See writing automated tests as a benefit, not a chore
- You’ll contribute to our product technical roadmap
- You’ll work with cloud and container technologies such as Kubernetes on AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- You’ll contribute to the design and support of services and internal frameworks that enhance the company’s capabilities
- Engineering throughout the whole product lifecycle, including decommissioning
More about you
- Be passionate about a programming language in one or more languages in our ecosystem, such as Python, ReactJS, Java/Springboot, Golang
- Self-drive and constantly striving to improve your team and peers
- Drive for advocacy of agile/lean delivery methodologies
- A passion for delivering solutions to customers
- A passion for enhancing your knowledge and evidence curiosity in emerging tech
- Display empathy and understanding in supporting colleagues in the team to deliver